- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that the actress has landed the lead role in the TNT drama pilot Scent of the Missing and will star in the project that revolves around an adrenaline junkie leader of a canine search-and-rescue team assists various law enforcement agencies with her best friend and partner, a golden retriever.
Helfer will play Susannah, a tenacious and strong-willed K-9 Search and Rescue volunteer who works with an equally determined partner – her golden retriever, Puzzle.
In addition, Gerald McRaney (Jericho) has been cast to play Susannah’s father, Jerry.
Missing, which was picked up to pilot last month, is based on the book of the same name by Susannah Charleson.
From CBS Television Studios, CSI showrunner Carol Mendelsohn is co-writing the script with Melissa R. Byer and Treena Hancock, who also serve as executive producers alongside Barry Josephson, Mendelsohn and Julie Weitz. Diane Nabatoff and Shelley Glasser will co-executive produce.
Helfer most recently reunited with Battlestar Galactica’s Ron Moore for his mystical pilot 17th Precinct, which NBC passed on in May.
For one-time CSI guest star McRaney, Missing serves as a reunion with Mendelsohn and TNT, for whom he starred in pilot Bird Dog.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day