- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
CMT had a big Saturday, with the premieres of Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation marking the cable network’s highest-rated original series telecasts in history.
The modern-day rags-to-riches story revolving around the Dowden family opened to 724,000 viewers and a 0.72 in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic on Saturday at 9:30 p.m.
Immediately afterward, My Big Redneck Vacation, hosted by Tom Arnold, drew 707,000 viewers in adults 18-49, picking up a 0.7 rating.
The strong numbers come as the country-themed cabler is ramping up its original programming, with new series including Melissa & Tye: A New Reality and I Love Jennie set to bow later this year.
Check out a clip, exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, from Saturday’s second episode of Bayou Billionaires below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘TV’s Top 5’: Maureen Ryan on the Depths of ‘Burn It Down’ (Beyond ‘Lost’); Plus Finale-Mania
Scandal-Plagued U.K. Ex-TV Host Denies Grooming Much Younger Colleague, but Admits “I Did Something Very Wrong”
Lily Rabe on the Tragedy of Betty Gore Explored in ‘Love & Death’: “There’s So Much Misperception”