- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CMT had a big Saturday, with the premieres of Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation marking the cable network’s highest-rated original series telecasts in history.
The modern-day rags-to-riches story revolving around the Dowden family opened to 724,000 viewers and a 0.72 in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic on Saturday at 9:30 p.m.
Immediately afterward, My Big Redneck Vacation, hosted by Tom Arnold, drew 707,000 viewers in adults 18-49, picking up a 0.7 rating.
The strong numbers come as the country-themed cabler is ramping up its original programming, with new series including Melissa & Tye: A New Reality and I Love Jennie set to bow later this year.
Check out a clip, exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, from Saturday’s second episode of Bayou Billionaires below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day