- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BBC America’s Orphan Black has found its lead actress.
Canadian actress Tatiana Maslany has been cast in the lead role of the sci-fi drama as Sarah, an outsider, orphan and street-wise chameleon who has a murky past and tenuous future after she witnesses a woman’s suicide. After deciding to assume the identity of the dead stranger who looks just like her, Sarah learns that she and the dead woman are clones. As she searches for answers, Sarah discovers that there are more out there.
From Temple Street Productions, filming on the 10-episode series will begin this October in Toronto. Additoinal castings will be announced shortly.
“Tatiana possesses all the intensity, charm and range that this complex role requires,” said Perry Simon, general manager, Channels, BBC Worldwide America. “She has all the makings of a breakout star.”
Maslany recently premiered Picture Day at the Toronto International Film Festival. On the TV side, she has appeared on Canadian drama Being Erica and World Without End.
Orphan Black will also air on Canada’s SPACE.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day