- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The 13-episode fantasy drama debuted Nov. 23 with a rich Doctor Who lead-in, drawing the highest-rated series debut for the cable network’s Supernatural Saturday block, with 838,000 viewers.
BBC America’s renewal comes one month after the BBC picked up the series for another run in the U.K. Atlantis is the biggest Saturday drama to launch on all BBC networks since 2006.
“Atlantis is off to a fantastic start and is the centerpiece of our Saturday nights for the next 12 weeks,” said BBC America’s senior vp programming Richard De Croce. “We’re committed to bringing our viewers even more entertaining episodes inspired by Greek mythology from Howard and the talented team in season two.”
“We are all thrilled at Urban Myth Films that Atlantis has been recommissioned and look forward to continuing the legend next year,” said Atlantis executive producers Johnny Capps, Julian Murphy and Howard Overman in a statement.
Bethan Jones is also an executive producer.
Atlantis centers on Jason (Jack Donnelly), Hercules (Mark Addy) and Pythagoras (Robert Emms) who battle against the most famous names of Greek legend in unexpected guises. Jemima Rooper, Aiysha Hart, Sarah Parish and Juliet Stevenson also star. The entire cast will return for the new season.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Behind The Screen