- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The BBC announced that the pilot, entitled The Smiths, will be set in Cheshire, England, but also feature a man who lives opposite his overbearing family. Mack himself will write it and portray the protagonist, with Tate taking on Patricia Heaton‘s role in the original.
Raymond was a sitcom hit in the U.S. and elsewhere for nine seasons, starring Ray Romano, Heaton and Brad Garrett. Romano played a New York sportswriter. The character’s comedic slant is seen as similar to Mack’s role in British sitcom Not Going Out.
The pilot will be shot in front of a live audience later this month. Silver River Productions, part of Sony Pictures Television, is producing it.
Raymond previously also got local adaptations in such countries as Russia.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
the legend of vox machina