- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The U.K. debut of miniseries War and Peace, adapted by Andrew Davies and made by BBC Cymru Wales Drama in partnership with The Weinstein Company and BBC Worldwide/Lookout Point, drew 6.3 million viewers on Sunday, according to overnight data released on Monday.
RatingsUK tweeted Monday that the drama “kicked off last night with a very strong average audience,” which amounted to a share of 25 percent of people watching TV in Britain at the time. The show aired in the 9 p.m. time slot.
The drama, based on Leo Tolstoy’s famous book, stars Lily James (Downton Abbey) as Natasha, Paul Dano (12 Years a Slave) as Pierre, James Norton (Rush) as Andrei, as well as Gillian Anderson and Jim Broadbent.
The six-part miniseries series is directed by Tom Harper and in the U.K. airs on BBC One. In the U.S., it is being simulcast on Lifetime, A&E and History.
Filming took place in Russia, Lithuania and Latvia.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
How I Met Your Father