- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The network has picked up the back nine on the rookie drama, giving out its second full-season order for a freshman series on its schedule, following Arrow.
Toplined by Kristin Kreuk (Smallville) and Jay Ryan (Terra Nova), Beauty and the Beast improved 9 percent among total viewers for Thursday night’s episode compared with the previous original and saw an increase in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demo.
Thus far this season, the hourlong crime drama is averaging 2.4 million viewers following The Vampire Diaries on Thursday nights. The news comes after The CW gave Beauty and the Beast a vote of confidence by ordering more scripts in October.
CBS TV Studios produces the series in association with Take 5 Productions/Whizbang Films. Sherri Cooper, Jennifer Levin, Brian Peterson, Kelly Souders, Gary Fleder, Bill Haber, Paul J. Witt, Tony Thomas, Ron Koslow, Frank Siracusa and John Weber serve as executive producers.
The CW has picked up two of its three rookie fall series, with medical drama Emily Owens, M.D. — which received an additional script order — awaiting an official decision on its fate. The network will roll out 1980s-set The Carrie Diaries beginning January.
Beauty and the Beast airs 9 p.m. Thursdays.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day