- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Believe star Jake McLaughlin has found his next leading role.
The actor has been tapped to join the cast of ABC’s Quantico, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The drama centers on a group of young FBI recruits, all with specific reasons for joining, who battle their way through training at the Quantico base in Virginia. As the drama intercuts between their hidden pasts and their training, it also flashes forward to the near future, where one of the recruits will turn out to be a sleeper terrorist responsible for the most devastating terrorist attack on U.S. soil since 9/11.
Read more TV Pilots 2015: The Complete Guide
McLaughlin will play Ryan, an athletic, charming, smart, direct guy who hooks up briefly with Alex (Bollywood star Priyanka Chopra) when the ?two meet on a flight to Washington, D.C., and who winds up not being the veteran returning home he claims to be.
The role marks McLaughlin’s follow-up to J.J. Abrams and Alfonso Cuaron’s NBC drama Believe. His credits include features The Savages, In the Valley of Elah and Warrior. He’s repped by Paradigm and Luber Roklin.
Josh Safran (Gossip Girl) will pen the script and exec produce the ABC Studios and Mark Gordon Co. drama alongside Mark Gordon and Nick Pepper. Marc Munden will direct the pilot.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day