- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bella Thorne is setting her sights on broadcast.
The actress and singer has signed a development deal with Fox. Under the terms of the nonexclusive pact, Thorne will develop scripted and unscripted programming for the independent broadcast network.
The news comes as — spoiler alert! — Thorne is fresh off of a turn on Fox’s The Masked Singer. She was revealed as one of the masked contestants during Wednesday’s airing.
Thorne, whose credits include The Duff, Netflix’s The Babysitter and Assassination Nation, is the latest talent to sign a development deal with Fox. Others include writer-producer Kyle Killen (Halo), Mara Brock Akil (Black Lightning), Jeff Davis (Teen Wolf)and Sarah Watson (The Bold Type).
After seeing its studio counterpart sold to Disney last year, Fox has been aggressive about inking talent to deals as it looks to build up its roster of go-to producers.
Thorne is repped by CAA, Thirty Three Management and Hirsch Wallerstein.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day