- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It looks like ABC has found its next Bachelor.
Sources said Ben Flajnik, the runner-up on the most recent season of The Bachelorette, has been tapped to star in the next season of ABC’s reality show.
The network doesn’t comment on casting ahead of official announcements, but Flajnik was rumored to be one of the front-runners since he was rebuffed by Ashley Hebert in the season finale of Bachelorette earlier this month.
Ryan Park and Ames Brown, who also appeared on Hebert’s season, also were among the names floated as possible candidates.
Flajnik, 28, is a winemaker from Sonoma, Calif. In the finale, he was seen getting down on one knee to propose to Hebert before she told him she had chosen J.P. Rosenbaum instead. Flajnik was seen departing the show angry over Hebert’s decision rather than resigned to it, as most runner-ups usually react.
After the show ended, tabloids claimed that he went on a date with Jennifer Love Hewitt, who later shot the reports down as “rumors.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day