- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cory and Topanga are officially back.
Original Boy Meets World co-stars Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel have been tapped to reprise their roles as Cory Matthews and Topanga Lawrence in Disney Channel’s Boy Meets World follow-up, Girl Meets World, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
STORY: ‘Boy Meets World’ Follow-Up Series in Early Stages at Disney Channel
As first reported by TV Line, the duo will step back into the roles they made famous in the ABC TGIF series that ran from 1993-2000.
In the Disney Channel project — currently in the pilot stage — Savage and Fishel’s Cory and Topanga are a happily married couple and parents to 13-year-old daughter named Riley, from whose point of view the story is told.
Boy Meets World creator and executive producer Michael Jacobs is on board to shepherd the follow-up, with a nationwide casting search under way for an actress to play the starring role as Riley Matthews.
Savage is repped by Abrams Artists Agency; Fishel is with Levity Entertainment Group.
Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day