- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The social media favorite has sold Overcompensating to the streamer and retail giant and is attached to star in the scripted comedy.
The project, which is in development, is being produced by A24 and revolves around an Idaho football player named Benny as he struggles to accept his sexuality in college, finding himself overcompensating as he tries to convince himself he’s something he’s not. The ensemble comedy is described as poignant, personal and deeply funny and will explore experiences people have figuring themselves out, including the various personalities one tries out and the journey to find people who accept you just as you are.
Skinner penned the script and is executive producing alongside Jonah Hill and his Strong Baby production company. Scott King (Amazon’s Harlem) is near a deal to exec produce and serve as showrunner should Overcompensating move to series. Charli XCX will handle the music for the series and exec produce.
Skinner has amassed a following of millions on YouTube, TikTok and Instagram, where he’s known for his celebrity impressions, skits and original characters. He’s repped by WME.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day