- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Season 2 of the Breaking Bad prequel will screen during the Berlin Film Festival next month as part of Berlin’s special section focusing on high-end television series.
Better Call Saul is one of six shows picked for Berlin’s TV sidebar. The others are The Night Manager, a John le Carre spy thriller adapted for the small screen by Oscar winner Susanne Bier (In a Better World); Australian sci-fi dystopian drama Cleverman featuring Game of Thrones actor Iain Glen and Love, Nina, a British series set in the 1980s, written by Nick Hornby, directed by SJ Clarkson and starring Faye Marsay and Helena Bonham Carter.
Plus, the latest hot Danish drama, Splitting Up Together, will have its world premiere at the Berlin festival; and The Writer, an acclaimed Israeli series focusing on the struggles of an Arab Israeli writer, will have its international premiere.
But Better Call Saul is definitely this year’s hottest TV ticket in Berlin. The show’s second season premieres on AMC in the U.S. on Feb. 15 and be available on Netflix outside the U.S.
In addition to the six shows featured in the special festival program, Berlin’s European Film Market will host its Drama Series Days on Feb.15 and Feb. 16, screening new television programming for international buyers at the EFM.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day