- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Berlin’s European Film Market (EFM) continues to show its commitment to high-end TV with the second edition of its television co-production series, set to take place next month.
The EFM has picked seven in-development international series to attend this year’s co-pro event to pitch to international buyers and production partners.
The selection includes the dystopian drama The Illegal, from Canadian director Clement Virgo (The Book of Negroes); Danish miniseries Lucky Per, which Oscar-winner Bille August is attached to direct; Dutch family drama Avrupa; German series The Disappearance from acclaimed auteur Hans-Christian Schmid (Home for the Weekend); Norwegian crime drama Brotherhood; and the Israeli newsroom-based drama Wars Inc.
The Danish series DNA, from The Killing creator Torleif Hoppe, will also present at Berlin’s co-pro forum, in cooperation with France’s television festival and co-production forum Series Mania Paris. Organizers will select one of the other six new projects in Berlin to attend this year’s Series Mania in April.
The co-pro series event runs alongside the EFM’s Drama Series Days on Feb. 15 and Feb. 16.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Real Time with Bill Maher