- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bethenny Frankel went on The Today Show on Monday to promote season three of Bravo’s Bethenny Ever After. However, the conversation turned somber when the reality star revealed that she had suffered a miscarriage.
Host Savannah Guthrie asked Frankel, who is the mother of 21-month-old daughter Bryn, if she and her husband Jason were thinking of having more children.
“It’s a very personal question that I do get asked a lot,” Frankel told Guthrie. “We were pregnant with a second baby, and at eight weeks, I miscarried.”
Frankel went on to explain that the difficult experience helped her to sympathize with other women who struggle to get pregnant. “Until you become a woman you don’t know the things that come with being a woman,” an emotional Frankel said on the show. “And I’m 41, and I don’t know. It’s not really my choice. It’s not really my option. The window’s closing.”
Frankel, who started out her reality TV career as a member of The Real Housewives of New York, added that she’s not really thinking about if she and her husband will continue to try to have another child.
Guthrie also asks Frankel about a health scare she had when an antibiotic burned a hole in her esophagus.
Watch Frankel’s interview of The Today Show below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day