- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BET’s new sitcoms debuted quite nicely on Tuesday night, topping all of cable and rivaling most broadcast efforts during the 10 p.m. hour.
Real Husbands of Hollywood, Kevin Hart‘s lampooning of the Real Housewives franchise, pulled 4.1 million viewers in its inaugural 10 p.m. outing. The series beat all cable and network broadcasts in the adults 18-49 demo with a 2.1 rating.
Its 11 p.m. encore also ranked in cable’s top 10 for the night, bringing in an additional 2.3 million viewers and a 1.1 rating among adults 18-49.
Second Generation Wayans, the night’s other debut, was in a close second in cable viewership and its demo score. The 10:30 p.m. episode pulled 3.5 million viewers and a 1.7 rating with 18-49-ers. Its 11:30 p.m. encore raked in an additional 1.4 million and a 0.6 adults rating.
Real Husbands now stands as the No. 1 new cable sitcom of the season in viewers and the demo. In adults 18-34, it’s the third best launch of all time — behind BET’s launch of The Game and the premiere of Let’s Stay Together.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day