- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A new promo for the upcoming third season of the AMC spinoff seems to hint at just that. In a video released Tuesday, Giancarlo Esposito reprises his Emmy-nominated performance of Gustavo “Gus” Fring to promote the famed Los Pollos Hermano, the fictional restaurant within the Breaking Bad universe.
Because Better Call Saul is a prequel to Breaking Bad, Gus is seen in much better shape than when he last appeared on Breaking Bad in the season-four finale when his face was blown off.
If the ad indeed means Esposito will be reprising his role on Better Call Saul, that would make Esposito one of the biggest names from Breaking Bad to appear in the same role on the prequel series, save for stars Bob Odenkirk and Jonathan Banks. Other familiar faces have included Mark Margolis’s Tio and Raymond Cruz’s Tuco.
Esposito tweeted the video out on Wednesday, saying “the rise of Gus is coming.”
Better Call Saul returns this spring. Watch the promo below.
Jan. 11, 1 p.m.: Updated with Esposito’s tweet.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day