- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC is staging a Better Off Ted reunion.
Ted producer-director Michael Fresco has been tapped to helm and executive produce the network’s comedy pilot The Smart One, reuniting with star Portia de Rossi.
The single-camera comedy, from Warner Bros. Television and A Very Good Production, revolves around a brilliant and successful woman (de Rossi) who begrudgingly goes to work for her less-brainy but more popular sister — a former beauty queen, weather girl and now big-city mayor.
Donald Todd (Hart of Dixie) will pen the project and executive produce alongside Fresco, Ellen DeGeneres and Lauren Corrao.
Fresco directed the pilot and served as a consulting producer/director on Better Off Ted which De Rossi starred and ran for two seasons on the network.
Fresco, whose credits also include directing episodes of Raising Hope andSuburgatory, is repped by ICM. Originally developed at NBC, ABC picked up the project to pilot earlier this month.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day