- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jones (This Is Us, Truth Be Told) will appear in two episodes of the critically acclaimed Better Things. He’ll play Ron, an old friend and acting colleague of Sam’s (creator, star, showrunner and director Pamela Adlon).
Season five of Better Things is in production, and FX is targeting sometime in 2022 for a premiere.
Jones has won two Emmys for his role as Randall’s (Sterling K. Brown) biological father, William Hill, on NBC’s This Is Us. That series is filming its currently filming its sixth and final season and is set to premiere in early 2022.
Jones is currently recurring on another NBC series, Law & Order: Organized Crime, and is slated to return to Broadway this fall in Lynn Nottage’s play Clyde’s. His other recent credits include Apple’s Truth Be Told and Lisey’s Story, Hulu’s Looking for Alaska and Netflix’s Luke Cage and The Get Down. He is repped by Industry Entertainment and Gersh.
Adlon, who signed an overall deal with FX last year, executive produces Better Things. She stars with Mikey Madison, Hannah Alligood, Olivia Edward and Celia Imrie; Diedrich Bader, Alysia Reiner and Rebecca Metz are among the recurring cast.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day