- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CBS’ The Big Bang Theory is welcoming back Emmy winner Bob Newhart for a November episode that will also feature Bill Nye.
Newhart will reprise his role in the Nov. 7 episode when his Professor Proton contacts Leonard (Johnny Galecki) to ask for help with an experiment and a scorned Sheldon seeks revenge by befriending a rival science TV host in Nye — aka “The Science Guy.”
The news comes weeks after comic legend Newhart took home his first career Emmy, with a win for his guest turn on the CBS hit.
Following the win, Newhart told The Hollywood Reporter that he was already in talks with the Warner Bros. Television-produced comedy to return. “I’m scheduled to do the next episode in October, which means probably sweeps and it’ll probably be on in November,” he said. “We were already talking about two more appearances.”
Nye, meanwhile, is fresh off a short-stint on ABC’s Dancing With the Stars. He joins a roster of geeky guest stars on Big Bang Theory that include returning players Kate Micucci, who will reprise her role as Lucy for an episode this season; Christine Baranski and Regina King as well as greats including Stan Lee, Buzz Aldrin and George Takei, among others.
The Big Bang Theory airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. on CBS.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day