- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Chuck Lorre is ready to add another show to his already impressive résumé.
The creator of The Big Bang Theory, Mom, Mike & Molly and Two and a Half Men is shopping a pot comedy, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Co-written by Lorre and David Javerbaum (The Daily Show), the spec script has been sent out to broadcast networks and is set at a legal marijuana dispensary in Colorado. The ensemble revolves around a group of potheads.
The untitled pot comedy, a multicamera entry, hails from Warner Bros. Television, where the prolific producer is under a rich overall deal. Should it go to series, it would join Lorre’s Big Bang Theory and Mom on the schedule and arrive as Mike & Molly is running through its final season. Big Bang is already renewed for next season, while Mom is considered a safe bet.
Pot comedies have been in high demand across broadcast, cable, premium and streaming outlets. Amazon recently tapped Margaret Cho to star in Highland, HBO picked up six episodes of High Maintenance and NBC is teaming with Adam and Naomi Scott to develop Buds.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Robert De Niro