- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The writer/co-executive producer on the network’s Emmy-nominated series has sold family comedy Smells Like Teen Spirit (working title) to CBS, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The multicamera comedy revolves around an 18-year-old budding entrepreneur who forgoes Harvard and instead opts to launch a multibillion-dollar Internet company from his garage with the assistance of his sister, best friend and his 1990s indie-rock parents.
Goetsch will write and executive produce the project, which hails from Warner Bros. Television and has received a put-pilot order at the network.
Earlier this development season, CBS gave a script order to The Second Coming of Rob, a multicamera comedy from Big Bang Theory co-stars John Ross Bowie and Kevin Sussman loosely based on Bowie’s life. Bowie plays the nemesis to Jim Parsons’ Sheldon, while Sussman, recently upped to series regular, portrays the lovelorn comic book shop owner Stuart.
Goetsch, repped by CAA, has been with Big Bang Theory since its start. His credits also include Grounded for Life and 3rd Rock From the Sun.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day