- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Star Trek icon — aka Sheldon’s (Jim Parsons) hero — will voice a role as Spock in the episode but won’t appear on-screen. In the meantime, the show’s dream guest paused to take photos with the cast, which were released Friday.
“I thoroughly enjoyed myself,” the Star Trek legend tells The Hollywood Reporter. “[They’re] a talented company and a smart show; they made me welcome.”
Nimoy has been at the top of the producers’ wish list for guest stars, as Sheldon’s obsession with Star Trek has been well documented on the series, with the famed Nimoy-signed napkin Penny (Kaley Cuoco) gave Sheldon framed on the set. “Amazing!” Nimoy said of seeing the set piece.
“For years, we thought it would be fantastic to have Leonard Nimoy appear on the show and we think we’ve found a really different and fun way to make that happen,” executive producer Steve Molaro told THR at the time of the casting. “As thrilled as we are he’s doing it, we’re even more thrilled just to get our pictures taken with him.”
Check out the cast’s photo with the icon and a teaser from next week’s episode, below.
The Big Bang Theory airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. on CBS.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day