- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Switched at Birth star Katie Leclerc has a date witih CBS’ The Big Bang Theory.
The actress will guest star as Emily, a potential love interest for Kunal Nayyar’s Raj Koothrappali, in the upcoming fifth season of the CBS hit.
Leclerc, whose character, much like the role she plays on ABC Family’s Switched at Birth, will be deaf and work well with Raj’s inability to talk to the opposite sex without the assistance of alcohol.
The actress, who is hard of hearing but able to use speech, at age 20 was diagnosed as having Meniere’s disease, a degenerative inner-ear disorder.
Penny (Kaley Cuoco) will bring the two together, setting the pair up on a date during the episode scheduled to air Oct. 6.
Leclerc is repped by Stage 9 Talent and Luber Roklin Entertainment.
The Big Bang Theory’s fifth season premieres Thursday, Sept. 22 on CBS. Switched at Birth returns to ABC Family in January.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day