- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Big Brother producers have responded to contestant JC Mounduix being accused of inappropriate behavior.
On Wednesday night, during the show’s 24-7 live feeds, Mounduix was involved in two separate instances of sexual harassment and misconduct.
While contestant Haleigh Broucher was using the restroom, Mounduix opened the door and would not close it after Broucher insist that he do so. When Mounduix refused to listen and tied the door open, Broucher yelled out loud for production to step in and stop him.
She later revealed that executive producer Allison Grodner spoke to her, but she didn’t want to get Mounduix “in trouble.”
The other incident took place while houseguest Tyler Crispen was sleeping and Mounduix kissed his armpit and continuously touched Crispen’s body.
Thursday morning, Crispen was visibly uncomfortable with Mounduix’s actions and said: “I’m sleeping alone tonight…. JC is not sleeping with me.” After both instances, viewers have expressed outraged on Twitter and have urged producers to remove Mounduix because of his actions.
Sources close to the production have revealed to The Hollywood Reporter that all parties involved have been spoken to. No official complaints were made by either Crispen or Broucher and were said to not feel threatened or unsafe by Mounduix’s actions.
In a statement provided by CBS on Friday afternoon Grodner and executive producer Rich Meehan stated: “The expression of viewer concerns regarding JC Mounduix’s behavior was reviewed immediately. All video was examined in its entirety. We spoke with all three of the houseguests separately in detail about the incidents. Tyler and Haleigh explained to producers that they in no way felt threatened, unsafe or sexually harassed. If there was any indication from our Houseguests of sexual misconduct, we and CBS would have taken immediate action. The safety and security of our houseguests is and will continue to be our top priority.”
This is not the first offense for Mounduix.
At the beginning of the season, he was first accused of sexual harassment after inappropriately touching other contestants’ genitals with an ice-cream scooper where he was “warned” by producers about his behavior.
CBS responded at the time, stating the “inappropriate behavior” had been addressed.
The statement, which also addressed offensive comments made by castmembers Angela Rummans and Rachel Swindler, reads in full: “Big Brother is a reality show about watching a group of people who have no privacy 24/7 — and capturing every unfiltered moment and conversation in their lives. At times, the houseguests reveal prejudices and exhibit behavior that we do not condone. The producers have addressed two such incidents that were seen recently on the 24-7 online feed. In both cases, those involved have been warned about their inappropriate behavior and offensive comments, as well as future consequences. These events will not be part of any future Big Brother broadcast on CBS.”
Before viewing the show’s 24-7 live feed, CBS has in place a note that reads: “Big Brother is a reality show about a group of people who have no privacy 24-7. At times, the Houseguests may reveal prejudices and other beliefs that CBS does not condone. Views or opinions expressed by a Houseguest are those of the individuals speaking and do not represent the views or opinions of CBS. Viewer discretion is advised.”
Aug. 31, 3:55 p.m. Updated with CBS response.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day