- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In the newly launched third season of the Showtime comedy, Cathy — now that she’s been given more time thanks to the wonders of a clinical trial — is trying desperately to find what makes her happy when she enrolls in a seminar led by Sarandon’s “joyologist,” Joy.
“She’s a combination of these women that are like, ‘I’m always perfect and I can get through anything,’ and who think they can give you control of your own universe,” showrunner Jenny Bicks told The Hollywood Reporter. “Basically you can control whether you get sick or stay well.”
“By going to this seminar, Cathy discovers that she hasn’t really been in touch with what her joy is about and it sets her off on a journey for the season that will be very eye opening for everybody in terms of what joy means to her and how to be really happy,” she says.
Check out a pair of photos, exclusive to THR, of Sarandon’s first appearance on The Big C as well as a promo for her appearance, below.
Sarandon’s arc begins April 22. How do you think she’ll do as a “joyologist”? Hit the comments with your thoughts. The Big C airs Sundays at 9:30 p.m. on Showtime.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day