- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The veteran reality producer has inked a two-year overall deal with the studio to create and produce unscripted television series through his 25/7 Productions banner, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Over the past 15 years, Broome has created and produced unscripted projects for broadcast, cable and digital networks, including ABC Family’s summer entry The Vineyard, TVGN’s holiday special Rich at Night and Univision’s Spanish-language docu-series from Gloria and Emilio Estefan, Dale Con Ganas.
“Dave has a great track record of producing captivating unscripted series that resonate with viewers,” said SPT exec vp reality and syndicated programming Holly Jacobs. “His understanding of the reality business and creativity make him an ideal partner, so we look forward to a long and prosperous relationship.”
In addition to The Biggest Loser, which is now in its 15th season on NBC and is broadcast in more than 90 countries around the world, Broome’s credits also include digital series for AOL and a sports documentary for Netflix.
Broome joins a studio that also produces reality staples Shark Tank at ABC, NBC’s The Sing-Off, and syndicated talk shows The Queen Latifah Show and The Dr. Oz Show.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day