- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Biggest Loser crowned a new champion in a squeaker Monday night.
[Warning: Spoilers ahead!]
Danni Allen was named the season 14 winner in the live finale of NBC’s weight-loss competition. She beat out Jeff Nichols and Jackson Carter for the title, which carries a $250,000 cash prize.
Allen — a 26-year-old from Wheeling, Ill., who was on trainer Jillian Michaels’ team — lost a total of 121 pounds throughout the season, or 46.9 percent of her original body weight, which is the number that actually determines the winner.
Meanwhile, Nichols, a 24-year-old from Monroe, Mich., lost a total of 181 pounds (46.7 percent), and Carter, a 21-year-old from Layton, Utah, lost 138 pounds (42.1 percent). Nichols was on trainer Bob Harper‘s team, while Carter was with Dolvett Quince.
Carter beat out Joe Ostaszewski (also on Quince’s team) for the third spot in the finals as voted on by viewers. Ostaszewski, a 43-year-old from Williston, Fla., lost a total of 147 pounds (40.4 percent).
Meanwhile, Gina McDonald, a 47-year-old from Hoover, Ala., walked away with the $100,000 at-home prize, having lost a total of 113 pounds (46.1 percent).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day