- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lili Bernard, a former actress who is listed as having appeared on The Cosby Show, reportedly has stepped forward as a new accuser with rape claims leveled against Bill Cosby.
Bernard was mentored by the comedian, USA Today reported, and made an appearance on the show in 1992 as Mrs. Minifield in the episode “Bring Me the Lip Gloss of Deirdre Arpelle.” The former actress is one of two women who made public claims at a New York press conference on Friday, alleging that Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted them in the 1990s.
According to the newspaper’s report, another accuser, Sammie Mays, also appeared at the press conference and said she met Cosby in the late 1980s while covering a convention in New Orleans. She claimed she was sexually assaulted during an interview in his hotel room after he gave her a drink and she lost consciousness.
Gloria Allred represented the women at the press conference.
“Unlike most other states, New Jersey has no statute of limitations for rape, which means that law enforcement is not prevented from prosecuting a case because of an arbitrary time period set by law,” said Allred, as quoted by the newspaper.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Flight Attendant