- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bill Cosby released a statement Wednesday informing fans that his career is “far from finished.”
The veteran comedian has come under fire in recent months since about 30 women have alleged that Cosby sexually assaulted them, one as far back as 30 years ago. Heidi Thomas told CNN that in 1984, Cosby wanted to “mentor” her and “[forced] himself in my mouth” before forcing himself on top of her, saying, “I’m your friend … your friend is gonna (ejaculate) again.”
But the longtime actor remains hopeful that his tarnished name — despite the increase of surfacing victims — still can draw fans.
AFP reported Cosby’s statement Wednesday, which he released in reference to a show Friday in Louisiana.
Dear Fans: For 53 years you have given me your love, support, respect and trust. Thank you! I can’t wait to see your smiling faces and warm your hearts with a wonderful gift — LAUGHTER. I’m ready!
I thank you, the theatre staff (Heymann Performing Arts Center), the event organizers and the Lafayette Community for your continued support and coming to experience family, fun entertainment. Hey, Hey, Hey — I’m far from finished. Sincerely, Bill Cosby.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day