- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bill Cosby has resigned from the board of trustees at Temple University, the school said in a Monday statement.
“I have always been proud of my association with Temple University. I have always wanted to do what would be in the best interests of the university and its students. As a result, I have tendered my resignation from the Temple University Board of Trustees,” Cosby said in a statement.
In the last several weeks, new and resurfaced sexual assault allegations have followed the comedian as he embarked on a live performance tour. Cosby has not publicly addressed the allegations, although he has canceled multiple tour dates in the face of mounting public criticism.
“The Board of Trustees accepts Dr. Cosby’s resignation from the board and thanks him for his service to the university,” the school said in a statement.
The comedian is an alumnus of Temple University.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Script to Scene
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier