- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When Vice President Joe Biden endorsed gay marriage last Sunday on Meet the Press, it put into sharper focus President Obama‘s until-then reluctance to fully “evolve” on the issue. Ultimately, it mayhave led the president to announce his support for marriage equality — a result which has given Bill Maher a clever idea.
“If we want historic change, we can either do it the president’s way, slowly, using cool, detached reason, or the vice president’s way, quickly using brainfarts,” Maher suggested.
Already well-known for his free-wheeling verbal style, Biden, Maher said Friday on his HBO show Real Time, begin backing other taboo proposals.
“Oh Joe, would you please go on Meet the Press this week and say, ‘Should marijuana be legalized? I’m high right now!” Maher proposed to applause. “Afghanistan? What a s–thole, let’s get the f–k out now! Wall Street bankers? I can’t believe we haven’t hung any! Global Warming? That’s a big f—king deal, my friend!”
Clip starts at 2:34
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day