- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bill Maher has tweeted an image mimicking a 2006 photo of Al Franken groping a journalist, with comedian and actor Bob Saget playing the victim.
“These New Years Hawaii trips are getting weird — Saget, forgive me!” the HBO talk-show host wrote as a caption to the image, which featured Maher grasping the chest of an apparently sleeping Saget on an airplane.
The original photograph that Maher was mocking was unearthed in November by Leeann Tweeden, a TV host and sports broadcaster, who alleged in a first-person essay for the KABC radio show website that the former Minnesota senator forcibly kissed her and groped her while she was asleep during a USO tour intended to entertain American troops in the Middle East.
“I couldn’t believe it. He groped me, without my consent, while I was asleep. I felt violated all over again. Embarrassed. Belittled. Humiliated,” she wrote.
Though Franken apologized to Tweeden, he announced his resignation from the Senate in early December. Franken was succeeded by Minnesota’s former lieutenant governor Tina Smith on Wednesday.
These New Years Hawaii trips are getting weird – Saget, forgive me! pic.twitter.com/UgehBTmIUv
— Bill Maher (@billmaher) January 4, 2018
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Warner Bros. Discovery