- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Maher tested positive during weekly checks of the show’s staff. Per HBO, the host is fully vaccinated, is not showing any symptoms and “feels fine.”
“Real Time production has taken every precaution following COVID CDC guidelines,” HBO said in a statement. “No other staff or crew members have tested positive at this time. The show will be rescheduled at a later date.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson, Max Brooks and Dan Carlin were the scheduled guests for Real Time on Friday.
Maher’s show was the first talk show to bring back limited studio audiences and in-person guests during the novel coronavirus pandemic, doing so in September.
Vaccination against COVID-19 doesn’t necessarily prevent a person from catching or spreading the virus that causes it, though a vaccinated person’s symptoms (if there are any) are likely to be milder than those of someone who hasn’t been vaccinated, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day