- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bill Paxton’s death certificate states the actor died last month from a stroke days after surgery to replace a heart valve and repair damage to his aorta.
The aorta is the main artery that carries blood from the heart to the rest of the body.
Paxton died Feb. 25, 11 days after the surgery. He was 61.
The document was first reported Monday by celebrity website TMZ. It states the actor was cremated and his remains interred at Forest Lawn-Hollywood Hills, which is the final resting place of many Hollywood stars.
Paxton starred in such films as Twister, Titanic and Aliens and on the HBO series Big Love.
His death was announced hours before this year’s Oscar ceremony, which prompted several celebrities to share remembrances of him on the red carpet. During the show, Jennifer Aniston paid tribute ahead of the traditional In Memoriam segment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day