- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sunday night’s Billboard Music Awards, which featured two performances from Britney Spears, improved from its most-recent telecast in 2006 on Fox.
The three-hour awards show averaged 7.9 million total viewers from 8-11 p.m. on ABC, drawing a 2.9 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic, up 28 percent and 7 percent from the 2006 telecast respectively.
Though the Billboard Music Awards win the night in the ratings (Fox’s Family Guy finale was Sunday’s top-rated), it finished atop several demos, including adults 25-54, women 18-34 and women 18-49.
Most importantly, the awards show dominated the season finale of NBC‘s Celebrity Apprentice by 7 percent in the key 18-49 demo and by 76 percent in adults 18-34.
The awards show drew its biggest audience since 2003.
Justin Bieber was one of the big winners Sunday, taking home six awards, including digital artist of the year, top new artist and fan favorite. Eminem also dominated the night, taking home top artist, top male artist and top rap artist, among others.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day