- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Billy Crystal is the latest A-list actor headed for Apple.
The comedian, in a rare TV series regular role, will star on the limited series Before. Crystal will exec produce the series, which also marks a reunion with his Analyze That producer Barry Levinson.
Crystal will play a child psychiatrist who recently lost his wife when he encounters a troubled young boy. Sarah Thorp (Damien, Hawthorne) serves as writer on the series and will exec produce alongside Levinson, Crystal and Eric Roth. The series hails from Paramount Television Studios.
Sources note that while Apple has picked up the project, additional details are still being finalized including the number of the episodes. Apple declined comment.
Crystal’s TV credits include ABC’s Soap and FX’s The Comedians. Levinson’s recent TV projects include Hulu’s Dopesick and Peacock’s upcoming The Missing. Roth recently co-penned Dune and wrote Martin Scorsese’s feature Killers of the Flower Moon.
Apple has been aggressively spending to pursue hot projects and cast them with A-list stars including The Morning Show, WeCrashed, Dickinson, Physical, Schmigadoon and scores of others.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day