- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Billy Eichner is headed to Netflix.
The Emmy-nominated host of Billy on the Street has sold his first-ever stand-up comedy special to Netflix.
Eichner’s comedy special is described as a unique blend of comedy and music that will cover politics, pop culture and may also include some brand-new editions of his signature, Emmy-nominated Billy on the Street segments. A filming date and title for the special have not yet been determined, though it is expected to be produced this year.
Eichner is a UCB grad who rose to fame with viral YouTube clips featuring him quizzing people on the street about the latest in celebrity culture. That led to a partnership with Funny or Die and what quickly became Billy on the Street. The series started on Fuse before moving to Turner-owned TruTV. After a two-year run and scores of viral videos, Eichner decided to shift gears and will not be bringing the series back to TruTV. A new home for the series has yet to be determined. Eichner is repped by UTA and 3 Arts Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day