- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A week before its series premiere, Starz has released the entire first episode of its new pirate drama Black Sails.
The eight-episode first season follows Captain Flint (Toby Stephens) and his men 20 years before the story of Robert Louis Stevenson‘s Treasure Island takes place. Described as a brilliant and feared pirate captain, Flint takes on a fast-talking addition to his crew, John Silver (Luke Arnold). They fight for the survival of New Providence Island, an infamous criminal haven teeming with pirates, prostitutes, thieves and fortune seekers, a place defined by ideals and brutality.
Zach McGowan, Hannah New, Jessica Parker Kennedy and Clara Paget co-star.
Black Sails is executive produced by Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form. Creator Jon Steinberg serves as showrunner as well as executive producer, with Robert Levine as co-executive producer.
The series, already renewed for a second season, hails from executive producer Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes shingle.
Black Sails will air Saturdays at 9 p.m. staring Jan. 25 on Starz. Watch the entire series premiere below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day