- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Blake Shelton has rescheduled three dates on his national Well Lit & Amplified Tour after his father passed away on Tuesday evening.
“I appreciate your understanding during this difficult time,” Shelton, 35, says. “And thank you for all your prayers. Your support means the world to me. I love you guys.”
Shelton’s father, Dick Shelton, was in declining health this past year, Shelton’s rep tells The Hollywood Reporter. He was surrounded by loved ones in Oklahoma. According to People, Dick was hospitalized for pneumonia in Early Dec.
As a result, the following dates have been rescheduled: Rapid City, S.D. (Jan. 19), Bismarck, N.D. (Jan. 20), Billings, Mont. (Jan. 21) and Bozeman, Mont. (Jan. 22).
Here are the new dates: Bismarck, ND (March 20), Rapid City, S.D. (March 21), Bozeman, Mont. (March 22), Billings, Mont. (March 23). The tour resumes in Columbus, Ga. on Jan. 26.
Shelton’s leave won’t affect production on NBC’s reality singing competition as shooting wrapped in December and resumes when the live shows begin airing. It premieres Feb. 5 after the Super Bowl.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day