- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rising star Travis Tope is heading for HBO.
Tope will play Slim, a young drifter who comes to Atlantic City to work for Mickey Doyle (Paul Sparks).
The casting continues Tope’s hot streak, which started in November when he was fielding three high-profile projects with only MGM’s 2014 horror movie The Town That Dreaded Sundown under his belt. He’s currently filming the male lead opposite Sofia Black D’Elia and Analeigh Tipton in Rel Schulman and Henry Joost‘s Viral. Tope recently completed the young male lead in Jason Reitman‘s Men, Women and Children, co-starring Adam Sandler and Jennifer Garner. He’ll next star opposite Chloe Grace Moretz in Sacha Gervasi‘s November Criminals. He’s repped by UTA and Anonymous Content.
Tope becomes the latest actor to book a recurring role on Boardwalk Empire. The drama from Terence Winter and Martin Scorsese helped Bobby Cannavale earn a supporting actor Emmy win. Last season, Patricia Arquette, Brian Geraghty and Eric Ladin all had major recurring roles.
Boardwalk Empire will return in the fall for its fifth and final season.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day