- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A new teaser for the third season of HBO’s gangster drama Boardwalk Empire has been released and has more on his plate now than ever.
The short clip hints at what awaits Atlantic City’s top dog after Nucky (Steve Buscemi) brutally shot and killed his former right-hand man, Jimmy (Michael Pitt) in the shocking Season 2 finale.
After proposing to Margaret (Kelly Macdonald), the drama will jump ahead about 16 months, as it Nucky seems to be sporting a wedding ring that slips off his finger — previewing a marriage in trouble, not a surprise considering his bride-to-be donated all of his land to the church.
Nurse Jackie‘s Bobby Cannavale has boarded the Emmy-nominated drama this year, playing Gyp Rosetti, a charming but ruthless gangster who challenges Nucky, while Stephen Root will recur as Gaston Means, a former swinderl and murder suspect who now works for the Department of Justice.
Check out the clip, below, and hit the comments with your thoughts on the tagline: “You can’t be half a gangster.” Boardwalk Empire‘s third season premieres Sunday, Sept. 16 at 9 p.m.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day