- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC’s Body of Proof will return for a shortened third season without two of its regular stars.
Series regulars John Carroll Lynch and Nicholas Bishop, who have been with the show since it launched in 2011, have completed their time with the Dana Delany medical drama, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed, with the options on both actors not picked up for Season 3.
The series, which launched as a midseason show and went on to earn a 20-episode second run, last featured Bishop’s investigator Peter Dunlop bleeding after being stabbed by an embalmer’s hook following a fight. Lynch’s Detective Bud Morris, meanwhile, was last seen celebrating at a baby shower with his wife.
The ABC Studios series is not a breakout word-of-mouth performer for the network but stands as its lone crime procedural, It was renewed in May for an abbreviated third season consisting of 13 episodes. Its Season 2 finale in April drew 10 million viewers and a 1.9 rating in the coveted adults 18-49 demographic.
The cast departures come as the network appears to be shedding stars from its returning bubble shows, with Private Practice original cast member Tim Daly’s contract not picked up for the medical drama’s upcoming sixth season.
TV Line first reported news of Lynch’s departure.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day