- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The uncle of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects unleashed a fiery tirade on Friday against his nephews, calling them “losers” who hated everyone.
At an informal news conference outside his Maryland home, Ruslan Tsarni — attempting to clear his family name — proclaimed: “No, my family has NOTHING to do with that family!!! … Of course we were ashamed. Those are the children of my brother.”
“He put a shame on our family. He put a shame on the entire Chechen ethnicity,” said Tsarni.
Asked what possibly could have led brothers Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev to set off twin bombs on the marathon finish line, killing three and wounding more than 150, Tsarni responded: “BEING LOSERS! Not being able to settle themselves and thereby hating everyone who did.”
Tsarni said he hadn’t seen the two in years. Tamerlan, 26, was killed early Friday in a violent shootout with police in Watertown, Mass. Dzhokar, 19, remains at large.
“Dzhokar, if you’re alive, turn yourself in and ask for forgiveness!” he declared.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Behind The Screen