- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bowen Yang brought the Saturday Night Live house down when he appeared as a “proud gay Oompa Loompa” for a segment on “Weekend Update.” The comic was trending on social media Sunday thanks to the hilarious moment.
“Oh my God,” said Yang’s Oompa Loompa. “You just outed me on national television.”
Colin apologized for the confusion as Yang’s character explained all he wanted to do was read a statement about a possible Oompa Loompa strike due to unsafe working conditions at Wonka’s factory.
“Now I guess I have got to call my parents,” Yang’s Oompa Loompa said to big laughs. “They live in Loompa-land. It’s not as progressive as here. They, like, just got Will & Grace. So yeah, it’s gonna be a conversation.”
Pushing forward, Yang’s Oompa Loompa said, “You know what, Colin? You did me a huge favor because now I can be honest — about everything. Point blank: The man doesn’t know how to make chocolate! He’s an ideas man who’s never touched a machine. He just tumbles into the inventing room and says something like, ‘What about a gumdrop that makes children dream silly dreams?’ And it’s like, ‘Yeah, bitch. What about it?!'”
Watch the full segment below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day