- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rider Strong, whose poster adorned many 6th-grade lockers in the ’90s, is engaged, his rep confirms to The Hollywood Reporter.
The 33-year-old actor who played Cory Matthews’ best friend Shawn Hunter in the popular ABC sitcom Boy Meets World popped the question to girlfriend Alexandra Barreto on Wednesday. “He proposed with a handmade gold ring he created himself,” his publicist added.
Barreto, an actress, appeared in a Strong-directed TV commercial supporting Barack Obama in the 2008 election; the pair met two years before on the set of his short-lived WB dramedy Pepper Dennis, according to E! News, which has posted a photo of Barreto’s diamond ring.
Last month, Strong shot down reports that he would reprise his Boy Meets World role in Girl Meets World, a spin-off of the comedy co-starring former castmates Ben Savage (Cory) and Danielle Fishel (Topanga).
“At this point, I have no official involvement in Girl Meets World,” he wrote on his official website. “There might be a chance to see some of the BMW cast in a guest spot, and I think it would be nice to find out where our characters have been all these years.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Next Big Thing
The Morning Show