- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rider Strong, whose poster adorned many 6th-grade lockers in the ’90s, is engaged, his rep confirms to The Hollywood Reporter.
The 33-year-old actor who played Cory Matthews’ best friend Shawn Hunter in the popular ABC sitcom Boy Meets World popped the question to girlfriend Alexandra Barreto on Wednesday. “He proposed with a handmade gold ring he created himself,” his publicist added.
Barreto, an actress, appeared in a Strong-directed TV commercial supporting Barack Obama in the 2008 election; the pair met two years before on the set of his short-lived WB dramedy Pepper Dennis, according to E! News, which has posted a photo of Barreto’s diamond ring.
Last month, Strong shot down reports that he would reprise his Boy Meets World role in Girl Meets World, a spin-off of the comedy co-starring former castmates Ben Savage (Cory) and Danielle Fishel (Topanga).
“At this point, I have no official involvement in Girl Meets World,” he wrote on his official website. “There might be a chance to see some of the BMW cast in a guest spot, and I think it would be nice to find out where our characters have been all these years.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day