- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Boy Meets World might be headed back to television.
Disney Channel is in early stages of development on a new original series centered on the daughter of golden couple Cory and Topanga, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Boy Meets World, the half-hour comedy that ran as part of ABC’s “TGIF” block for seven seasons from 1993-2000, centered on the lessons learned by Cory Matthews as he goes through life starting as a young boy. By the time the series ended, Cory and Topanga married and began living together.
Casting is under way on the project from Boy Meets World executive producer Michael Jacobs. There is no official word on whether Savage or Fishel, who portrayed Cory and Topanga, respectively, would return to reprise their roles should the follow-up make it to the pilot or series stage.
TVLine first reported the news.
In addition to Boy Meets World, Jacobs has produced TV shows My Two Dads and Charles in Charge.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day