- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rider Strong, who played Cory’s best friend Shawn for the entire seven-season ABC run of BMW, weighed in on the chances of his reprising his role for the new project.
“At this point, I have no official involvement in Girl Meets World,” he wrote on his official website Wednesday. “There might be a chance to see some of the BMW cast in a guest spot, and I think it would be nice to find out where our characters have been all these years.”
Strong believed the new project should focus on BMW‘s main couple. “But Girl Meets World will be, and I think it should be, its own show. It will be about Cory and Topanga, their daughter and a new set of characters,” he wrote.
Strong continues: “It’s the next generation. And I, for one, can’t wait to see it evolve.”
This comes days after Fishel took to her Tumblr page after news that she and Savage were officially reprising their roles, hinting that several BMW grads could be popping in.
“I do not know how many BMW castmembers will be returning for GMW, or how often they may appear if and/or when they do appear,” Fishel wrote at the time, adding, “It will have familiar faces, familiar themes and familiar messages.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day