- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Showtime is beefing up season two of its Jim Carrey-produced stand-up comedy drama, I’m Dying Up Here.
Three-time Emmy-winning Everybody Loves Raymond grad Brad Garrett has booked a season-long guest role in the hourlong drama.
In the 1970s-set look at the world of stand-up comedy, Garrett will play comedy legend Rom Martin, who arrives at Goldie’s (the club featured on the show) and drops bombs and wisdom on its comics. Goldie (Melissa Leo) will lure him into a business partnership as she plots to expand her empire.
Created and exec produced by Dave Flebotte and exec produced by Carrey and Michael Aguilar, season two of I’m Dying Up Here will launch Sunday, May 6 at 10 p.m.
Garrett’s credits include Everybody Loves Raymond, FX’s Fargo and, most recently, a guest gig on NBC’s This Is Us. On the feature side, his roles include Finding Nemo, Ratatouille and Tangled. He’s repped by UTA, Management 360 and Gendler and Kelly.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day