- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bravo has ordered another Top Chef spinoff.
The cable network announced Thursday that it has given the green light to Top Chef Extreme (working title), another extension of the food franchise, which will pit former contestants against one another, much as Top Chef‘s All-Stars season did. Top Chef Extreme joins previous spinoffs Top Chef Masters, Top Chef Just Desserts and Life After Top Chef.
Set for a summer 2014 premiere, the series will see familiar chef’testants from both the regular and Masters series face off in three rounds of competition in each episode. The winners will then compete against one another in the season finale.
The Top Chef franchise has been going strong on Bravo since 2006. And though recent seasons have seen ratings dips, the property continues to be a boon to the network. Branded tie-ins include a line of Healthy Choice frozen meals, cookware and multiple experiential marketing endeavors with the vast roster of talent.
Top Chef Extreme, like previous Top Chef series, is produced by Magical Elves. Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz are executive producers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day